How To use your Personal Identification Number (PIN) and Personal Unblocking Number (PUK) to Unblock AIREL Sim
Your SIM card comes with the PIN feature deactivated and is thus ready for use.
If you desire to activate the PIN feature please follow the instructions below. (It is advisable for you to enable the PIN feature in order to prevent unauthorized access to your SIM card).
To activate and personalize your PIN
- Your SIM PIN is a 4-digit secret number that protects your phone from unauthorized use. All Airtel SIM Cards are programmed with a default SIM PIN number.
- It is advisable that you change the default PIN number to a 4-digit number of your choice. To change the PIN number, enter your default PIN which is 1111 and the desired new PIN in the sequence **04*defaultpin*newpin*newpin#
- Your new PIN can be any 4-digit number. (Just ensure they are digits you can easily remember).
Once the PIN feature is activated it will be required whenever you switch your phone on. If an incorrect PIN is entered into your phone three consecutive times, your phone will become PIN blocked, and you will require your PUK code to unblock it. The PUK code is printed on the plastic body surrounding your SIM card or on the SIM certificate.
To unblock Your SIM card
If you mistakenly enter the wrong PIN code three times in succession, your SIM card will get blocked. This is a security measure that protects your phone from unauthorized use. To unblock your SIM card, follow the procedure below:
- Find the PUK printed on your SIM plastic body or certificate and: Simply type **05*PUK*new pin*new pin# and press "Yes/Send/OK/Enter".
- Your 'new pin' can be a new PIN number or the old PIN number you were using.
- If your SIM plastic body or certificate is lost, you will need to apply for a new SIM certificate at any Airtel Centre. You will also be required to complete a call history form and provide evidence of purchase.
You might like to:
To Contact Site Owner For Info Or Advert, Call: 08136125128